Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Yellow Paperclip Meets Zoe

I had lunch with Zoe today to give her a copy of my book. I told her about it last month after our Book Club and she had gone to Powerbooks Megamall soon after... only to tell me that there were no more copies left!

She was scheduled to fly to Barcelona this month on a scholarship to study Spanish. She got excited when she found out about my storybook: it's a potential translation project! Can you just imagine... El Clip Amarillo del Papel con Puntos Púrpuras Brillantes! Unfortunately, there was a major glitch with the organizers and so she won't be flying to Spain any more. But lunch still pushed through and I'm glad it did! We walked to The Old Spaghetti House behind Pearl Drive (and we saw several lost paperclips along the way!) and spent more than an hour chatting and catching up.

Thanks again, Zoe! Here's to the next lunch, double (blind) date or we-have-to-do-this gimmick! Hope you enjoyed my story!

No comments: