Saturday, September 02, 2006

New Books, Friends and Paperclips

I spent the afternoon at the Book Fair today. Let the photos tell you the story of my happy day which started when I made new friends: a little girl who played with imaginary jackstones and Ada the Storyteller.

Ada made her own yellow paperclips with bright purple spots using purple puff paint...

...and we happily played with them...

...and admired them on Ada's cool purple Chucks!

I got to hang out with my colleague Steph at the colorful Adarna House booth...

...while my dad had lunch and took this photo.


I bought five books (with at least a 20% discount on each!): 100 Questions Filipino Kids Ask by Adarna House, Wild About Books written by Judy Sierra and illustrated by Marc Brown, You're Only Old Once! by Dr. Seuss, The Mixed-Up Chameleon by Eric Carle, and How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci by Michael Gelb.

I guess one afternoon wasn't enough; we dropped by Books For Less in Alabang before going home and I picked up a cool Sesame Street book All About Me. Here's one of my favorite pictures...

Here's to more new books, friends and paperclips!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was at the adarna booth 1:30pm, bought 5 more of your books for signing, but the lady there told me you just left and she's not sure if you're coming back.

CloudWoman said...

Hello! I'm terribly sorry I missed you by a few minutes! :( Sayang - I was at the Fair until around 4 p.m. but was also browsing around other booths. It might be a long shot... but I'd be open to meeting up with you somewhere convenient for the both of us if you'd still like your books signed! :) Please send me an email at yellowpaperclip@gmail.com