Friday, June 16, 2006

Purple Flowers (Not Paperclips) in Banaue and Bicol

My family just went on a 1,800-kilometer roadtrip this week to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday. We spent 10 hours traveling to Banaue, a full day of sightseeing, then another 10 hours going back. We arrived in Manila Monday night. By Tuesday morning, we were off to Bicol and spent another ten hours on the road, a full day sightseeing, and another day driving back. Whew! But the hours on the road were worth seeing two of the country's natural wonders: the Banaue Rice Terraces and the Mayon Volcano. WOW!

Unfortunately, I had no paperclip sightings. But I did see some amazing purple flowers. Like I said, purple will always be a Nikki-color.

Wow. WOW Philippines.

I couldn't help but hear the words of my friend Bobby as we cruised along Loboc River in Bohol last year: Ang ganda talaga ng Pilipinas. (The Philippines is really beautiful.) Now how do I convince the rest of the world, including more Filipinos, to see more of this beautiful country?

No comments: