Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Yellow Paperclip attends a PSTD Tipanan

The Philippine Society for Training and Development is a non-stock, non-profit professional organization of Human Resource and Organization Development practitioners in the country. The Tipanan is a monthly general membership meeting; today's Tipanan featured "The Five Languages of Love" in celebration of Valentine's Day. I was invited by Susan Tayag of Bankard, a true DDI champion, to speak about books on love and relationships. I agreed except I told her I'd limit my quick review on children's books. I read excerpts and talked about The Missing Piece and The Missing Piece Meets the Big O by Shel Silverstein. *Sniff.* I love those books. Every time I read them I still get a lump in my throat.

I got to introduce my book and talk about it very briefly. I guess they were intrigued because a number of participants came up to me after asking if I had copies to sell! Unfortunately, I didn't have enough with me. PSTD said they'll organize a book sale and signing at next month's Tipanan instead. Wow!

Before I forget. I saw a pink paperclip by my left front wheel in the parking lot across Cocolife Building.

No comments: