Thursday, December 08, 2005

Six Degrees of Separation

A note from my friend's cousin's friend.

What was three degrees then is now down to one. They now say that the entire world is connected by only five degrees! Wow! Worlds collide and I love it.

My name is Kai and I believe my friend Mara sent you an e-mail just this week as well. I just wanted to say that I really did enjoy reading your story The Yellow Paperclip with Bright Purple Spots. She brought it to school one day and she was really excited to let me read it! When I finished the book, I was left with a huge smile on my face.
 
I am glad to know that I am not the only one who seems highly amused with the whole six-degrees-of-seperation concept. It's like a big Friendster world out there, really. Hehe! There are times when introductions are going on and then I realize how people are related and I just spazz over it. While others just shrug and smile as if it was no biggie, I am left with this really warm fuzzy feeling in me. I usually cannot hide the goofy smile on my face when my thoughts start to tug at me saying, "HEY! They know each other! How cool is that?!?" Even just talking about this makes me all...happy.

I've often wondered, too, how money goes around. Everytime I see something written on a dilapidated piece of paper money, the nuts, bolts and wheels in my head start working. I like imagining how many people have kept that piece of paper money for a day, week, month or even longer. My point is, I like it that there was actually a book on such a thing. Amazing how a simple piece of material can tell a story about its 'life'. It had its own adventures and was able to pass on some great lessons and ideas.
 
Thank you for sharing to us your wonderful piece of work. I shall be waiting for your next books!

1 comment:

Mike and Anna said...

hi, nikki! congratulations on your book. we're so proud of you! God bless..Ü