Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Much-Awaited Package from Pittsburgh

Wow. I still can't believe it. I finally got to pick up the package Donna sent me from her third grade class in Pittsburgh. It took me a couple of hours to drive to the post office, wait in line, wait for the package, and drive all the way to work, but it was all worth it. I still have a great big smile on my face and in my heart.

Donna's students wrote me thank-you notes, complete with colorful drawings of their favorite scene in my story. My heart swelled with pride a million times over and I couldn't help but look through the drawings over and over and over and over again. As if that wasn't enough! The package also included a VHS tape: Donna recorded a storytelling session she did in class! Her students were very behaved and they responded well to the story.

I still can't believe how my story has traveled quite far... farther than I myself expected. Much like the Yellow Paperclip and myself, I'm glad my story has reached out and touched many others, across continents and across timezones.

No comments: