Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Palawan Paradise

Day 5: What was your dream destination?

One of the places I had on my Travel Wish List is Palawan - and specifically to see the limestone cliffs of Coron that I kept seeing on postcards and Facebook posts. So I love that I got to take my own touristy shot of beautiful Kayangan Lake.


What I love more is the fact that I saw a lot more than what I was expecting. The entire length of Coron island is practically made up of limestone cliffs and a good half-hour of the 2-hour boat ride to Culion was sailing past the rocky facade. It was amazing!

As if that wasn't enough, I woke up every day of my week on Culion to the sunrise. My corner room had an awesome view: Coron island was standing guard over the horizon.

Pure bliss.


2 comments:

Mia (Savor Everyday) said...

Nikki, this is absolutely breathtaking!

We really wanted to go to Palawan on our trip home as well, but it wasn't in the budget - next time! (And I should ask you about your trip and take notes :) )

CloudWoman said...

Thanks, Mia! Palawan was definitely one of the highlights of 2012. I went on an 8-day silent retreat on Culion, and celebrated Easter on beautiful Malcapuya Island. Unfortunately, I didn't get to explore Coron beyond Kayangan Lake because I had to be in KL for work. That was such a HUGE transition: One morning I was swimming in a sacred lake, the next morning I was back in a big, bustling city. Sob!

I'm sure you and A. will love it! :-)