Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Yellow Paperclip Goes to Glorietta

The Adarna Book Carnival traveled to National Bookstore in Glorietta where May Ann and I joined the storytelling and book signing sessions. We got a handful of kids listening to Kuya Jay tell the story. One of them even won a copy of the book by retelling the story! May Ann and I signed a lot of books, both from the kids and also from each others' purchases! Hee-hee.

I also got to meet and spend some time with May Ann's friends. They were all very down-to-earth and friendly, just like May Ann. They are all so proud of her for pursuing her dream and the arts as a full-time freelance artist. She really is amazing, just like her artwork. I'm so happy she won the PBBY-Alcala Prize. At first I was worried: What if I don't like the style of the winning illustrator? What if s/he is difficult to work with? But May Ann was a dream-come-true. She is so pleasant, fun and was incredibly easy to work with. Best of all, her illustrations brought extraordinary life, color and energy to my story. Until our next collaboration, May Ann!

No comments: