Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Pay It Forward

I had lunch with my good friend Tobbie to help him with his story for the 2006 PBBY-Salanga Prize. Just as a friend urged me to write last year, it's now my turn to be the cheerleader: "Write, Tobbie, write!"

Tobbie and I met through work last year and we became friends pretty quickly when we learned we share the same passion for writing, reading, full moons and good conversation. When I won last year, Tobbie was one of the first people to know and he came by the office to congratulate me. He had said that it was also his big dream to be a children's story writer.

This picture was taken in my messy workspace in February 2005 shortly after May Ann won the PBBY-Alcala prize. Check out my wallpaper: it's May Ann's winning illustration! Many months later, Tobbie is just as happy and proud of me. Here are photos he took from our lunch when I helped edit his story about friendship, lots of sunshine, hope, and living life to the fullest.

(Note: Whether on my wallpaper or on the actual page spread, May Ann's illustration is awesome!)




No comments: