Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Really Bright Purple Spot!!

May Ann and I are happy and surprised kids. We just got a very bright yet unexpected purple spot in the life of our Yellow Paperclip - the 2005 National Book Award for children's literature from the Manila Critics Circle! WOW... we are overwhelmed and thrilled beyond belief. In my flustered state (I don't remember the last time I felt my hands and knees shake like that!), I nearly forgot to (gulp!) thank the Manila Critics Circle. Allow me to thank them now. MARAMING, MARAMING SALAMAT. Thank you for this recognition and honor. Thank you for seeing the value in being different. This Award is truly a bright purple spot in our adventure!

PS. I'd love to get a copy of the citation Krip Yuson read about my book. If anyone knows where I can find it, please let me know! Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grabeh, ang ganda ganda natin! Hee hee! proud na proud tayo! Yeebbbaaahhh! Sigh, we never expect that we won! *Yellow Paperclip with Bright Purple Spots is dancing with us! Aww cute! Hahahaha!

Waaahh, I missed you, my incredible friend! Don't worry, i-meet kita next time. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations 'ki!!! That's amazing!

frazzlequeen said...

extremely belated COngratulations!!! My computer has been on the fritz!! A great big hug to you!!!!