Thursday, November 10, 2005

WOW! Twelve Paperclips in an Hour

I still can't believe I saw twelve... yes, TWELVE... twelve paperclips when I walked from my office to the post office and back (to snailmail two copies of my book to Trixy and Julia).

A blue bent-into-a-heart-shape one on the sidewalk, just after I waved to friends. A green one a few steps later. A red one in the post office. There was another blue one. Then white. A brown one in a rain puddle. Yellow in a sidewalk crack. Orange. Pink and Green as I crossed the parking lot (that's nine and ten). Blue again. A big bright shiny red one as the twelfth, as if the grand finale.

By the sixth or seventh, I was walking around with a huge smile on my face. People must have thought I was crazy or high on something. Hee-hee. I'll probably see more... would I reach ten? Naaah, that's too much.

Ask and you shall receive. Be careful what you wish for. Sometimes you get even more than what you asked for.

3 comments:

Beth Danae said...

Really, you see a paperclip every day?? interesting.. Amazing you saw one at the beach in the sand..

CloudWoman said...

I know! They follow me around, I think... Hee-hee. Do you like paperclips too?

Anonymous said...

Astig! And not one of the twelve was just a plain, boring ol' silver one? :D