Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Does He Love Me?

"If I see a paperclip today, then he loves me," I whispered to myself, inspired by Audrey Tautou's character in the movie A Very Long Engagement. What a grand challenge to the Universe. I saw three paperclips today. Along the short walk from the parking lot to my office building, I saw a pointy pink one, a dusty yellow one, a terribly bent and out-of-shape white one. Does that mean he loves me thrice as much? I wonder.

This is not the first time I asked God for a sign. Once, at a retreat in Novaliches, I asked God for a sign if He could hear my prayers. I asked for a shooting star. In the pitch black sky, I saw three stars fall behind the mountains. I sank to my knees in prayer and my heart was silenced and humbled.

I know it's really silly to link paperclip sightings to grand things like love and God. But I still saw three today and I want to know what that could possibly mean in the bigger scheme of things.

No comments: