Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Yellow Paperclip and Two Great Men

What does a yellow paperclip have in common with a Pakistani community developer and a Japanese missionary doctor based in Afghanistan?

It is a great honor to write stories about two of Asia's great men - two men the RMAF has recognized with the prestigious Ramon Magsaysay Awards. The Foundation has initiated a project to create children's books on the lives of these great men and women of Asia to inspire us with their life stories. Prior to this project, I have never heard about Shoaib Sultan Khan or Tetsu Nakamura; now, after reading their biographies and several write-ups, and spending weeks writing, editing and re-writing 1,000-word stories, I wish I could meet them in person and see what they're like up-close-and-personal.

To a Teacher of Everything and The Lucky Doctor, I do hope my stories give justice to the amazing work you've done in Pakistan and Afghanistan. More importantly, I hope your stories inspire kids to aspire to become great men and women when they grow up.

Thanks to Tita Gang and Tita Emily for inviting me to be part of this incredible project!

No comments: